The Southern Piedmont AREC 2016 Annual Forage Field Day is scheduled for Thursday, July 28, 2016. The topics for field day are listed below.
Registration for Pre-Dinner Tour will begin at 2:00 PM. Pre-Dinner Summer Annual and Forage Sorghum Variety Tour begins at 2:30 PM with the topics below and will finish with dinner and guest speaker at 5:00PM.
- Update on hay export project, Kyle Quick
- Impact of shade on cool-season forage mixtures, Kelly Mercier
- Selecting summer annual varieties, Deidre Harmon
- Forage sorghums for silage systems, Chris Teutsch
Registration for Post-Dinner Tour will begin at 5:00 PM and the Silvopasture Tour will begin at 6:00 PM. The topics for the post-dinner tour are listed below.
- NRCS Conservation Innovation Grant overview, Blaine Delaney
- Silvopasture project overview, Chris Teutsch
- Opportunities and challenges with silvopasture, J.B. Daniel
- Considerations for silvopasture establishment, John Fike
- Forage species for silvopastures, Barenbrug USA
- Forage establishment: seedbed preparation, seeding, and post seeding management, Chris Teutsch
Please RSVP by emailing Margaret Kenny at email@example.com or call 434-292-5331.