In developing staff regulation recommendations VDGIF follow the following guiding principles:
- Consider the Resource first
- Utilize the best science in decision making
- Achieve population objectives where appropriate
- Consider the biological, sociological, economical, political and enforcement impacts
- Maximize hunting recreation
- Equitable distribution of recreation
- Simplify regulations where possible
To submit comments online, visit https://www3.dgif.virginia.gov/web/scoping/hunting-and-trapping/register.asp.
Besides the online system, if you prefer to submit comments by postal mail, you may download and print copies of the Hunting or Trapping Regulation Change or Amendment form (PDF), which may be sent to the address included with the form.