|Landowners take a wagon ride to the
back 40 to see a loblolly pine thinning operation on
the Spotsylvania County Fall Forestry & Wildlife Field Tour
Join fellow forest landowners and a host of Natural Resource Professionals for a fun and exciting day in the woods learning about forest and wildlife management.
These tours, presented by the Virginia Forest Landowners Education Program and Virginia Cooperative Extension, promote wise resource management on private forestlands. You will (1) observe science-based management practices (2) become acquainted with public and private sources of technical and financial management assistance, and (3) network with fellow landowners, natural resource professionals, and others that share your interest in Virginia’s natural resources.
Each tour includes several demonstration stops on private, industry, and public lands. See inside for information on fees for individual tours, departure points and itineraries.
Fall Forestry & Wildlife Field Tours:
- have been offered 37 consecutive years
- offered each October
- involve landowners, state, federal, and forest industry natural resource professionals and representatives of environmental non-governmental agencies
- inform participants about practical forest and wildlife management techniques which are currently being used in their area
- share information on current cost-share programs
- are a great opportunity for networking with other landowners and natural resource professionals
Past tours have visited seedling nurseries, timber harvesting operations, saw mills and both public and private forest lands.
Registration fee includes transportation, lunch, materials, and refreshments.
The 2014 schedule:
September 29-30 – Chesapeake Bay Bus & Boat Tour – $150/person (includes all meals, refreshments, transportation and lodging)
October 10 – Halifax County – $45/person; $75/couple (includes refreshments, lunch and transportation)
October 30 – Grayson-Carroll Counties – $30/person; $50/couple (includes refreshments, lunch and transportation)