Sr. Assistant Director
On July 19, 2014 the Inaugural Class of VALOR, including myself, graduated at the Hotel Roanoke. The weekend was not only one of celebration but one of volunteering and evaluation of the program itself.
We started with the Southwest Virginia Feeding America then wrapped up classes on Saturday with a facilitated evaluation process to aid in the future development of the program to serve classes for years to come.
Fellows experience an amazing journey that take them through our industry and venture into self-realization. I highly recommend you to follow the next class via Facebook and their blog over the next two years.
Class II starts the weekend of September 5-7. I am happy to share the names of the new class here! I wish them luck!
· Mr. Albert Reid of Petersburg, VA; 4-H Specialist and Aquaculture Agent at Virginia State University
· Mr. Adam Shiflett of Harrisonburg, VA; Lending Team Leader with Farm Credit of the Virginias
· Mr. Cliff Williamson of Culpeper, VA; Animal Export Consultant with TK Exports
· Mr. Josh Stephens of Quicksburg, VA; General Manager with Southern States Cooperative
· Mr. Joe Wilkerson of South Boston, VA; Owner of Southside Nursery and Landscape
· Ms. Jennifer Leech of Lexington, VA; Dairy Farmer with Ingleside Dairy Farm
· Ms. Marilyn Adams of Purcellville, VA; Branch Manager with Farm Credit of the Virginias
· Dr. Basil Gooden of Henrico, VA; Director of Virginia Rural Development with USDAMs.
· Shelley Barlow of Suffolk, VA; Vice-President of Cotton Plains Farm
· Mr. Kevin Beamer of Hillsville, VA; CEO of Virginia Produce Company
· Dr. Timothy Durham of Callaway, VA; Assistant Professor of Agronomy and Agricultural Science Program Coordinator at Ferrum College
· Ms. Lauren Arbogast of Harrisonburg, VA; Extension Program Coordinator, Community Viability
· Mr. M. James Faison of Richmond, VA; President of Milton’s Local Harvest
· Mr. Melvin Atkinson of Windsor, VA; Director of Airfield 4-H Center with Virginia Cooperative Extension