July 2022 – June 2023
The 2022-2023 Hunting and Trapping Regulations Digest is now available on the Department of Wildlife Resources’ website and mobile app!
An overall summary of the changes can be found in the “What’s New” section. The printed version of the digest will soon be available at more than 500 license agent retailers throughout Virginia.
- Download the 2022–2023 Hunting & Trapping in Virginia Regulations Digest as a PDF
- What’s New for 2022–2023
- Licenses and Fees
- General Hunting Regulations
- Legal Use of Firearms and Archery Tackle
- Local Firearms Ordinances, Laws, and Regulations (PDF)
- Tag Validation and Harvest Reporting
- Public Hunting Lands
- Sunrise & Sunset Times (PDF)
- Seasons and Bag Limits
- Waterfowl Blind Laws
- Waterfowl Baiting Regulations
- HIP (Harvest Information Program)
- Virginia Migratory Waterfowl Conservation Stamp
- Federal Duck Stamp
This website contains general information. Specific laws and regulations are found in the Code of Virginia or the DWR Fisheries, Wildlife, and Boating Regulations. For answers to specific questions about hunting and trapping, please contact the Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources.